Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Last Diary Post

Woke up and knew that I wanted to go home, today. Childreach had been amazing and told me they could get me on a flight back to London as soon as I was out of the hospital and my dad was in Surrey visiting my grandma. I wanted to come home.
When they asked me if I wanted food I knew that if I wanted to leave I had to try to eat something. Never before has half a slice of toast and a banana felt so victorious. I had finished my antibiotics course during the night and the doctor came to speak to me. The swelling in my stomach was still pretty bad and I was in pain but knowing that I could receive medical attention and just had to be well enough to fly he agreed to discharge me, providing that I receive medical care as soon as I arrived back in England. I could go home.

The next day I got on a flight back to New Delhi and then transferred to Heathrow. My dad was waiting for me when I landed and I have never been so happy to see my family.

Childreach, Really Wild! Travel and Insure&Go, were amazing throughout this experience. I was well taken care of at the CIWEC Clinic Travel Medicine center under Dr. Ramsay and cannot express my gratitude enough for taking care of me, they do an amazing job.

Overall my experience in Nepal was not the one which I had hoped for but getting ill taught me some valuable lessons, and the importance of the money which was donated. I got to speak with more Childreach volunteers than I would have and learn firsthand about medical care as well as life in Nepal. The work that Childreach is doing in Nepal and around the world is invaluable and I plan on posting segments of the importance of your donations and how I saw how much they were needed. Thank you so much for all of your time and your kind donations, it means the world to me and to others whom you have helped.

I wish you all a happy and healthy new year!

Sophie Goggins
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment